Minnesota Modification of Decrees or Other Court Orders

As life goes on after a divorce, many times circumstances change making the terms of the original divorce decree unfair. Perhaps an adjustment is needed to serve the best interests of the children.

Child support modification requests require a demonstration of a significant change in circumstances. Child support modification may be warranted if a parent had a substantial change in income or the parenting schedule has changes dramatically. You cannot stop making child support payments without the court’s consent. You will need a court order to do so. You should hire an attorney to help you get that order as soon as possible if you experience job loss. You may have changes within your family that require a new parenting schedule. There may be other issues that need modification.

If you have had a substantial change in circumstances, please contact us today!