Child Support Lawyer in Denver

Do you need to calculate support?

It makes a difference to have a trusted lawyer by your side who has you and your child’s interest in mind. Call 303-900-4112

There are statutory guidelines that determine how much child support is appropriate for a child.  Both parents contribute toward the financial support of the children based upon their proportional share of their combined gross incomes and the number of overnights the children spend with each parent.  Childcare and health care premiums are figured separately. 

The three components of basic child support, childcare costs and health insurance premiums are added together to get the total amount of child support owed each month.  That figure is multiplied by each parent’s percentage of total gross income.  The larger amount is offset by the lesser amount and the difference is the net child support paid to the parent who keeps the child at his or her residence the majority of the time.

A guideline worksheet is a form used to calculate the amount of child support that is owed. There are two guideline worksheets in Colorado. One is used in cases when both parents have more than 92 overnights with the child. This is known as “Worksheet B, Shared Physical Care.” The second worksheet is used in cases when one parent has 92 or fewer overnights. This is known as “Worksheet A, Sole Physical Care.”

However, figuring child support is not simply about looking at a chart, it is about accurately assessing a person’s income. When a person is self-employed and has a large business, determining gross or net income can become a complex task. Perusse Family Law & Mediation Services understands how businesses report income and expenses and we partner with respected forensic accountants to prove the bottom line. To learn more about what my firm offers, contact my office today by scheduling a case evaluation as soon as possible. Having the right attorney on your side can make all the difference in the outcome of your child support case!

Perusse Family Law & Mediation Services, LLC can help.

In addition to establishing child support needs and helping enforce court orders, I can also assist you with modifying existing child support orders should your circumstances change significantly. Perusse Family Law & Mediation Services, LLC can help.

Contact my office today by scheduling a case evaluation as soon as possible.